Every step I take is for the Team!

Every step I take is for the Team!
Team Harris

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Using my best asset....

READER DISCRETION ADVISED- ;-)

   I am so excited!!!! I just had the best run I've had ALL year! I had absolutely ZERO pain in my 7 mile run, and I also took ~1 min off my average pace! I have not had a run, free of pain, since last February. This sheds all new light on my training!

   It all has to do with my greatest asset, no pun intended really, my glutes. Today I read an article in the September issue of Running Times that changed everything for me. The article is titled 'Hibernating Heinies' and it talks about how leg, IT band, hip flexor, front of the knee, tight calves, and even foot pain can be caused by the glutes not firing. I never thought that my hip/leg pain could be coming from NOT using my butt!! Turns out my butt has just been along for the ride this whole time...not any more. No ifs, ands, or BUTTs about it! (sorry, I had to put that.)

    I've looked for this article online, to put on here, but they have not posted the September issue online yet. As soon as they do, I'll post a link to it!!!

WooHoo! Let the pain free running continue!!

I'll leave you with a quote that Caballo Blanco used to sign off on some of his emails:

           "Close the gap that separates thought and action...you simply must do things." (Ray Douglas Bradbury)


No comments:

Post a Comment