Every step I take is for the Team!

Every step I take is for the Team!
Team Harris

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I use the bathroom...

I use the bathroom to blend my smoothies. I know, you were thinking this was going to be some kind of gross story. Sorry to disappoint you. Each day I make a smoothie with spinach, carrots, tofu (for protein,) blueberries, ground flax seed, and half a banana. May sound yucky to you but it's become a welcome 'after-run' drink for me. I like it and it makes me feel gooooood!! At the time I have my smoothie, usually post run, my little girl is taking a nap. Into the bathroom I go so that the noise of the blender doesn't wake her up! Everyone knows, you NEVER wake a sleeping baby.

It's been a fun weekend. I taught classes at the gym fri morning then had a date with my husband that night. I took yesterday off from running but I did shovel gravel in the new shed for about 2 hours. Talk about a workout! Wish I could teach a class like that at the gym!! Whew!! This afternoon I ran 6.02 miles averaging 12/mile. Not fast, but I felt good the whole way!

Yesterday afternoon I headed to Trax Running store in Bowling Green. LOVE it there! They have graciously agreed to sponsor me in my 50 mile quest. I feel so blessed to have them on my side. Together with them, I hope to get something BIG accomplished. While I was there I finally decided what cause I wanted to run for. I would like to raise money for breast cancer awareness. I'm not completely sure as to how I go about it but I'll just take it step by step. Any information is VERY welcomed!

My husband woke me up this morning by telling me that he had lost 5 lbs this week. Well, isn't that special for him (insert sarcasm here.) So after a week of busting it, which included 3 cardio/strength classes, 3 yoga classes, and 18 miles of running, I decided to get on the scale and check it out. Not a pound lost!!!! You have to be kidding me!! What!!!? Must be something wrong with the scale. I had to have lost 20, 30 or at least 5 pounds! But nothing! Grrrrrrrrr! So it seems that as I draw closer to 40, my weight sticks even closer to me!! All in due time, I know!

3 comments:

  1. add almost 20 to that age and see where you are, thanks for your encouragement to stay out there though and exercise. appreciate you and Brandon's words of encouragement for me.
    jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tina! So glad you are doing this blog. I'm subscribing to you r blog and look forward to your posts. That smoothie actually sounds good to me! I'm 42 and, sadly, it doesn't get any better re: the weight sticking to us. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and the farm work around here was enough. Not anymore. :(

    Wish we could bottle up the energy we see on Wed nights! You'd think chasing preschoolers would knock a few pounds off, too, huh?!

    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jack and Pixie! It's so great to have your comments and support! It means SO much!!

    ReplyDelete