Every step I take is for the Team!

Every step I take is for the Team!
Team Harris

Sunday, December 9, 2012

5 days to go!

Only 5 days left until I challenge my body and mind to the LookOut Mountain 50 mile trail race in Chattanooga Tn. It's so exciting but so, so scary too! I've had a little trouble with my lower right leg so I'm a bit frustrated to not be in the shape I'd hoped to be. But I'll give that mountain every bit of myself...all in the remembrance of the day that preeclampsia caused me to hardly be able to walk around the nurses station at the hospital. Every step for those women and infants who will never walk because preeclampsia or some other pregnancy induced hypertensive disorder took their lives away from them. Every uphill for those mothers who have survived a disorder like this. Every down hill for families who have struggled through as their wives, sisters, mothers etc have fought these ugly disorders! Every minute, every heartbeat, every dip of sweat, on the hills of LookOut Mountain I spend fighting to help find a cure for these disorders!! This is only the beginning...

Here is my quote from FB today:

"I CANNOT believe that you all have helped me reach half of my $2012.00 goal for the Preeclampsia Foundation!!! Thank you so much to those who have already donated! You still have time to donate! Please visitwww.preeclampsia.org and make a TRIBUTE donation under my name (Tina Harris) and help us reach that goal and help to SAVE LIVES!!! 5 days til the LookOut Mountain 50 mile trail race!! So excited!"

I can't say Thanks enough to those of you who have already donated!! Please spread the word and let's get this $2012.00 goal met!!!

Loves,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment